Monday, October 10, 2011

Glass on the Ipod/Iphone

I am listening to the commentary on Steve Jobs and Apple after his death.  One point they keep beating on is that Steve Job could not live with plastic on the IPod/IPhone.  Steve Job wanted glass.  They are saying they would not want an IPhone at this point without the glass.

I, on the other hand, find this to be a failing of my IPod.  I see a big market for companies that replace the glass as it gets smashed as it gets bumped or dropped.  I recently got a replacement for a broken IPod.  The problem was with the power or the battery or something, not the glass, but it had little fractures in and scratch on the glass.

I also have seen many people walking around with smashed screen glass.  I don't know if plastic is what I want, but there needs to be something more durable for the screens on these devices.  They are carried in our pockets.  They are used in our hands.  They are carried in our hands, while we are holding other things.

No comments: